At the present time we do not have any positions open.
A teacher at The Geneva School:
- Must maintain the highest standards of personal conduct and be committed to growing in the likeness of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
- Must be in full agreement with our statement of faith, which embraces the essential truths of orthodox Christianity, and attend and be in good standing with a church that holds to the school’s statement of faith.
- Will pursue best practices as an educator in an independent school.
- Will understand fundamentally and support the Christian and classical approach to education practiced at The Geneva School.
- Will enthusiastically and competently implement Geneva’s curriculum under the guidance of the Dean of Faculty, while bringing his or her intelligence, energy, and creativity to bear on the craft of teaching.
- Will have a bachelor’s degree in one’s teaching discipline or a related discipline. (Faculty members must teach “in field.”)
- Will have teaching experience.
- Will be willing to promote and able to manage a high level of parent involvement.
- Will be able to skillfully manage a classroom of young people with varying academic skills and learning styles.
- Must be committed to being a life-long learner as well as committed to growing professionally as an educator through Geneva’s professional formation initiatives.
- Must be willing to assist, within reason, with extra-curricular responsibilities.
As is evidenced by these requirements and the questions on the application form, Geneva is looking for committed Christians who are dedicated to the mission, vision, and values of the school.
The Geneva School offers a highly competitive compensation package for full-time teaching faculty including a salary competitive with the local public schools, health insurance for the employee, a 401K plan, and a classroom budget.
If you are interested in applying to substitute teach at Geneva, please fill out the Substitute Teacher Application form (available below) and send it to Isabel O’Driscoll (Assistant to the Dean of Faculty). All substitute teachers must attend a Substitute Teacher Training session. These are offered twice a year or as needed.
After an initial review of your letter and resume, you may be requested to fill out an application form. These forms can be filled out on your computer and then sent as an attachment to an email. Applications may also be printed, filled in by hand, and then mailed or faxed to the school.
- Teacher Application
- Administration and Support Staff Application
- Substitute Teacher Application
- Teacher’s Aide Application
- AfterCare Worker Application
- Statement of Faith
The Geneva School does not discriminate based on age, gender, national origin, race or ethnicity. Background searches are performed prior to all offers of employment.
All employees of The Geneva School have an obligation and legal responsibility to report misconduct by instructional personnel and school administrators which affect the health, safety, or welfare of a student. Failure to report misconduct may result in penalties up to termination of employment and revocation of an educator’s certificate.