Required Medical Docs
Below is a list of medical documents required by state law and/or school policy that we must have on file for each student enrolled at Geneva. Do not hesitate to contact our School Nurse, Lou Jones, RN, if you have any questions.
Please turn in any applicable forms before the first day of school. For new students to Geneva, some of the records should come from your child’s current school. We will send those Requests for Records over the summer, and you will be contacted if we do not receive all of the necessary records from your child’s school. Please note that report cards will not be sent home until all required medical documents have been received.
Certification of Immunization, DH 680
- State of Florida form; provided to you by a Florida physician or the Department of Health
- Required for all grades (see below for specifications)
- All students entering grades K4, K, and 7 have age-specific immunization requirements. They must see a Florida physician or the Department of Health to receive those immunizations, and then you will turn the form in to TGS.
- Once a student’s form with the appropriate grade requirements is on file, that form will apply until the next grade listed above.
- If you choose not to have state required immunizations for your child, a religious exemption form must be obtained from the Florida Department of Health and kept on file at school OR a permanent medical exemption must be documented on your child’s Certificate of Immunization, DH 680. Temporary exemptions are only valid for 30 days.
New TGS students: If your child has been in a Florida school, the Certificate of Immunization should come in current school records. However, if your child is starting at TGS in K4, K, or 7th grade, he/she will need to have the updated immunizations and a new form turned in to TGS. If moving from out of state or this is the first school your child has attended, a Florida physician or the Department of Health must fill out the form. You will need to supply any documentation of previous immunizations to the physician or DOH.
Certification of School Entry Health Examination, DH 3040
- State of Florida form; provided to you by physician or the Department of Health
- Original yellow form is preferred.
- Required for all grades
- Once we have your form, it will apply for the duration of your child’s enrollment at TGS.
New TGS students: New students coming from another Florida school should have already had a physical performed upon their initial entry into the Florida school. If this is the case, the form should come in your child’s previous school records. New students coming from outside the state of Florida or those who were previously homeschooled, are required to have a physical performed within one year of enrollment and to turn the form in to TGS.
Please Note: The FHSAA athletic physical evaluation forms, required for all 6th-12th grade students participating in a sport, are separate from and in addition to the Department of Health forms. See the FHSAA Forms page in the athletic section for more information on these forms.
Copy of Birth Certificate
- Required for all students
- Once we have a copy, it will apply for the duration of your child’s enrollment at TGS.
New TGS students: If your child is transferring from another school, this may come in current school records. If this is your child’s first school, you are responsible for turning in a copy to us.