Take Perfect Pictures
If you are a designated photographer for a TGS field trip, on-campus special event, or are taking pictures at sporting events, please follow these simple but very necessary guidelines.
Contact Christy Herzog with any questions: LCHerzog@genevaschool.org, 321-422-0230
- Please do NOT use smartphones to photograph TGS events. If you need to borrow a digital camera, please contact Christy Herzog for a loaner (3 available).
- Begin the day with an empty memory card.
- Make sure your camera is set to the correct date and time. Note: Cameras that do not display AM/PM after the time use a 24-hour clock, so 8:00 AM would display as 08:00, and 8:00 PM would display as 20:00.
- Ensure that all students participating in the event are represented in the images (i.e. please do not limit your viewfinder to your own child).
- Shoot high resolution images with a file size that is 2 MB to 5 MB. If your camera is a professional model that produces images larger than 5 MB, please limit the file size at the camera level (this is found in the “quality” setting on most cameras). If you don’t know how to adjust this, please contact Christy Herzog for help.
- DO NOT use continuous shooting mode. Please take the time to frame your shots and get a variety of images. It is better to have fewer shots that are really good images than to have many so-so shots that will need to be culled.
- At the conclusion of the event, take your camera card to the person designated below. Your images will be downloaded and your card will be returned to you. Images will be left on your card unless you ask them to be erased after download. Please DO NOT give camera cards to the teachers or aides, as they have other responsibilities on these busy event days and small camera cards are easy to misplace.
Main Campus Events: Christy Herzog in the faculty workroom (across the hall from room 118).
ECC Events: Debbie Halloran in the ECC workroom.
- If you prefer to do your own image processing (culling, captioning, color correction, cropping, etc.) please contact Christy Herzog for special instructions.
Thank you for volunteering to photograph these fun and exciting TGS events!