Take Perfect Pictures
If you are a designated photographer for a TGS field trip, on-campus special event, or are taking pictures at sporting events, please follow these simple but very necessary guidelines.
Contact AnnMarie Hamilton with any questions: [email protected]
- Please do NOT use smartphones to photograph TGS events. If you need to borrow a digital camera, please contact AnnMarie Hamilton for a loaner.
- Begin the day with an empty memory card. If you need to borrow a memory card, please contact AnnMarie Hamilton.
- Make sure your camera is set to the correct date and time. Note: Cameras that do not display AM/PM after the time use a 24-hour clock, so 8:00 AM would display as 08:00, and 8:00 PM would display as 20:00.
- Ensure that all students participating in the event are represented in the images (i.e. please do not limit your viewfinder to your own child).
- Shoot high resolution images with a file size that is at least 2 MB. If you don’t know how to adjust this, please contact AnnMarie Hamilton for help.
- DO NOT use continuous shooting mode. Please take the time to frame your shots and get a variety of images. It is better to have fewer shots that are really good images than to have many so-so shots that will need to be culled.
- At the conclusion of the event, take your camera card to the classroom aide (if you’re volunteering on the lower school campus) or AnnMarie Hamilton (if you’re volunteering on the upper school campus). Your images will be downloaded, and your card will be returned to you. Images will be deleted from your card unless you ask them to be saved after download.
- If you prefer to do your own image processing (culling, captioning, color correction, cropping, etc.) please contact AnnMarie Hamilton for special instructions.
We appreciate your willingness to serve our community. Thank you for volunteering to photograph these fun and exciting TGS events!