Required Medical Docs
Below is a list of medical documents required by state law and/or school policy that we must have on file for each student enrolled at Geneva. Do not hesitate to contact Nurse Jones if you have any questions.
Please turn in any applicable forms before the first day of school. For new students to Geneva, some of the records may come from your child’s current school. The admission office will send Requests for Records, and you will be contacted if we do not receive all of the necessary records from your child’s school. Please note that report cards will not be sent home until all required medical documents have been received.
Florida Certification of Immunization
- Florida Department of Health Certificate of Immunization form DH680, also known as Florida Shots form; provided to you by a Florida healthcare provider, many urgent cares, or the local Department of Health immunization office. State required immunizations can be obtained at the DOH immunization office for free for children under 18.
- Required for all grades (see below for specifications)
- All students entering grades K4, K, and 7 have age-specific immunization requirements. Refer to the Immunization Information page for for more details.
- Once a student’s immunization form with the appropriate grade requirements is on file, that form will apply until the next grade listed above. There are no further age-specific requirements after 7th grade.
- If you choose not to have state required immunizations for your child, a religious exemption form must be obtained from the Florida Department of Health and kept on file at school OR a permanent medical exemption must be documented on your child’s Certificate of Immunization, DH680. Temporary exemptions are only valid for 30 days.
Please Note: If your child is coming from a Florida school, the Certificate of Immunization may come in school records transferred from their previous school. However, if your child is coming from another state, from homeschooling, or starting at TGS in K4, K, or 7th grade, you will need to submit an updated Florida Certificate of Immunization to TGS. The Florida Certificate of Immunization can be obtained from a Florida healthcare provider or the Florida Department of Health. You will need to supply any documentation of previous immunizations to the healthcare provider or DOH for them to transfer a child’s immunization information to the Florida form, and the provider may charge a nominal fee for this service.
Physical Exam Documentation
For new students coming from another Florida school, the physical exam documentation may come with your child’s previous school records. New students coming from outside the state of Florida or those who were previously homeschooled are required to have a physical performed within one year of enrollment to a Florida public or private school.
Please Note: For students first enrolling at Geneva in 6th grade and above, the FHSAA Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation Form (EL2) uploaded during completion of the FHSAA Online Athletic Clearance Form, required for all 6th–12th grade students participating in a Geneva sport, can also be submitted to fulfill this physical exam requirement for the student file.
Copy of Birth Certificate
- Required for all students
- If your child is transferring from another school, this may come with their school records. If this is your child’s first school, you are responsible for turning in a copy to us.
- Once we have a copy, it will apply for the duration of your child’s enrollment at TGS.
Upload Medical Forms
Please upload medical forms directly to Nurse Jones using the form below or turn hard copies in to the lower or upper school receptionist (Attn: Nurse Jones).
Uploaded forms will go directly to Nurse Jones. She will contact you if she has any questions.
Have a Question? Want to Learn More?
Please use the following form to submit questions to the nursing staff.