Uniform: 7th–12th Grade
The table below outlines the uniform guidelines for 7th–12th grade students. Specific color and style requirements for uniform items can be found on the suppliers website.
All uniform items should be purchased from Lands’ End or Tommy Hilfiger. Refer to the Uniform Suppliers page for links and information on how to order. Be sure to register and stipulate the grade and gender of your child(ren) and use the size charts supplied by each supplier to determine what size to order.
(Grades 7 & 8)
(Grades 7 & 8)
|Every Day Except Wednesday||Every Day Except Wednesday||Every Day Except Wednesday||Every Day Except Wednesday
|Dress Up Uniform (Wednesday and Other Special Occasions)||Dress Up Uniform (Wednesday and Other Special Occasions)||Dress Up Uniform (Wednesday and Other Special Occasions)||Dress Up Uniform (Wednesday and Other Special Occasions)
|Optional for Every Day||Optional for Every Day||Optional for Every Day||Optional for Every Day
|PE Uniform||No PE Uniform Required for 9th-12th Grade Students|
Additional Options for Friday:Any Geneva top (e.g. TGS polo, team or club shirt/sweater/sweatshirt, or TGS shirt/sweater purchased through the advancement office) may be worn with uniform skort, skirt, shorts, or pants.
If you have ANY questions about uniform, please do not hesitate to contact us. During the school year, please contact Isabel O’Driscoll in student services. During the weeks of summer, please contact Sarah Cloke.
- Uniforms should be clean and neat at all times
- Belts should be brown or black leather and must be worn with all shorts and pants.
- Skirts should be no shorter than 3” above the middle of the knee cap—from the front and from the back. If a student’s skirt is too short, they will be required to purchase a new one.
- Oxford shirts must be tucked in at all times, buttoned to the second-from-the-top button, collar buttons buttoned down, and cuffs buttoned. Students may not roll up their sleeves except during activities such as art, science labs, and playing outside during a break.
- If an undershirt is worn, it should be white.
- Students must wear a school polo or oxford shirt beneath any school sweater.
- Hair should be styled in a way that is consistent with the spirit of this policy. Male students must wear their hair above the collar, eyebrows, and ears.
- Jewelry and makeup (if worn) should be simple and tasteful.
- No visible tattoos or piercings (except up to two piercings per ear lobe for the ladies).
- Male students may not grow facial hair.
Dress Up Uniform Shoes: Students are required to wear dress shoes on dress up days.
Girls: Black, brown, white, or navy leather closed-toe dress shoes, with heels no higher than 2″.
Boys: Black or brown leather dress shoes.
Non Dress Up Uniform Shoes: On non dress up days, students may express themselves in their footwear as long as they stay within these guidelines:
- Shoes must have a back or a back strap
- No flip-flops, Crocs, slippers, boots, high heels (over 2″)
- No shoes with inappropriate graphics
- Shoe color and style should be in good taste
Socks/Tights: There are no color restrictions on no-show socks. However, if a student chooses to wear longer socks or tights, they must be solid black, dark navy, gray, or white. Fishnets, footless tights, and leggings are not permitted.