Uniform: 7th–12th Grade
The table below outlines the uniform guidelines for 7th–12th grade students. All uniform items should be purchased from Lands’ End or Tommy Hilfiger.
Refer to the Uniform Suppliers page for information on how to order.
|DIALECTIC GIRLS||DIALECTIC BOYS||RHETORIC GIRLS||RHETORIC BOYS
|Every day except chapel day||Every day except chapel day||Every day except chapel day||Every day except chapel day
|Chapel day||Chapel day||Chapel day||Chapel day
|Optional for every day||Optional for every day||Optional for every day||Optional for every day
Additional Options for Friday:Any Geneva top (e.g. TGS polo, team or club shirt/sweater/sweatshirt, or TGS shirt/sweater purchased through the advancement office) may be worn with uniform skort, skirt, shorts, or pants.
If you have ANY questions about uniform, please do not hesitate to contact us. During the school year, please contact Isabel O’Driscoll in student services at email@example.com or by phone (W: 321-422-0206, C: 407-443-7679). During the weeks of summer, please contact Sarah Cloke at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 407-332-6363.
Determining Your Child Size
Before ordering it is important that you measure your child and use the size charts provided by Lands’ End and Tommy Hilfiger to determine what size to purchase.
- Uniforms should be clean and tidy—ironed when needed.
- Skirts should be no shorter than 3” above the middle of the knee cap—from the front and from the back. If a student’s skirt is too short, they will be required to purchase a new one. Please bear this in mind if a student is not done growing.
- Shirts must be tucked in at all times.
- All students must have their shirts buttoned to the second-from-the-top button as well as collar buttons buttoned down and cuffs buttoned. Students may not roll up their sleeves except during activities such as art, science labs, and playing outside during a break.
- If an undershirt is worn, it should be white.
- Hair should be styled in a way that is consistent with the spirit of this policy. Male students must wear their hair above the collar, eyebrows, and ears.
- Jewelry and makeup (if worn) should be simple and tasteful. No visible tattoos.
- Male students may not wear earrings, makeup, or grow facial hair.
Students should wear shoes that are comfortable and practical.
Chapel Day Shoes: Students are required to wear dress shoes on chapel days.
Girls: Black, brown, white, or navy leather closed-toe dress shoes, with heels no higher than 2″.
Boys: Black or brown leather dress shoes.
Non-Chapel Days Shoes: On non-chapel days, students may express themselves in their footwear as long as they stay within these guidelines:
- Shoes must have a back or a back strap
- No flip-flops, Crocs, slippers, boots, high heels (over 2″)
- No shoes with inappropriate graphics
- Shoe color and style should be in good taste
Socks/Tights: There are no color restrictions on no-show socks. However, if a student chooses to wear longer socks or tights, they must be solid black, navy, gray, or white. Fishnets and footless tights are not permitted.