Geneva Orchestra Requirements
- Students must study with a private music instructor
- Can commit to weekly rehearsals (before or after school depending on which orchestra they are in)
- Own or rent their instrument
- Can commit to performance dates
- Open to Geneva and non-Geneva students
- Orchestra fee is $150 for the year (non TGS students pay $200 for the year)
- Dates: September–May
- Time: Fridays, 3:15–4:00 pm
- Place: The Geneva School lower school music room
- For beginner/intermediate musicians (typically grades 3–6)
- Students will perform at First Lessons and Carols on December 12 and a concert on April 30.
- Dates: August–May
- Time: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7:00–7:45 am
- Place: The Geneva School upper school music room
- For musicians in grades 7–12 who have achieved a high degree of proficiency on their instrument and reflect a dedication to further development in the musical arts
- Students will perform at Lessons and Carols on December 5, a concert on May 7, baccalaureate on May 22, and occasionally in chapel.
PLEASE SUBMIT THE FORM BELOW TO REGISTER YOUR INTENT FOR YOUR CHILD TO PARTICIPATE IN ORCHESTRA
Once we determine that we have enough musicians, we will communicate back and the orchestra fee billed to accounts.