Continuous Enrollment Agreement
Upon enrollment at The Geneva School, each student is enrolled into a continuous enrollment agreement and is automatically enrolled from one year to the next. The enrollment fee is charged to accounts on February 1 and includes a $200 discount for returning students.
- What if a student does not plan to return to Geneva next school year? Every family has until February 15 to notify the admission office in writing of their intent to withdraw a student for the following school year. After that date, the continuous enrollment agreement is binding.
- What if a family does not notify the admission office by February 15 that a student is planning to leave Geneva? The continuous enrollment agreement is a binding contract and tuition will be charged in full. Therefore, if a family is unsure whether a student will return to Geneva for any reason, they should notify the admission office in writing by February 15. If after February 15, but prior to the beginning of the new school year, a family is required by a third party employer to move beyond a 35-mile radius from the school OR the student’s primary financially-responsible parent becomes unemployed by a third-party employer, the family will be released from any tuition obligation. The annual enrollment fee is not refundable.
- What about unique circumstances? Geneva is a place where grace is extended. If it can no longer meet a student’s educational needs, if it asks a student to leave for any reason, or if there is some unforeseen circumstance that the board of governors approves, a family may be released from their contract.
- What happens if a family does not receive tuition assistance in the amount needed to keep a student at Geneva? As long as the tuition assistance application deadlines are adhered to, all enrollment fees are refunded, minus $100.
- What happens if a family falls behind on tuition payments? It is a family’s responsibility to notify the accounting office if a tuition payment cannot be made on time. Every effort should be made to bring the account current within 30 days. The Geneva School reserves the right to release a family from continuous enrollment if the account becomes overdue by 90 days. The admission office will notify the family in writing should continuous enrollment be revoked.
Financial Obligations Following Withdrawal of a Student During the School Year
Families are liable for all tuition except in the following circumstances:
- The student’s family is required by a third-party employer to move beyond a 35-mile radius from the school.
- The student’s primary financially-responsible parent becomes unemployed by a third-party employer.
- Other circumstances as approved by the headmaster in consultation with the audit committee.
If one of the above circumstances applies, any over-paid tuition (calculated on a pro-rated basis) will be refunded.
The student’s records will not be released to the parent or another school until the parents have fulfilled their financial responsibility to the school.