Brioso Children’s Choir (3rd–6th)
Brioso means “spirited” in Italian! The purpose of the Brioso Children’s Choir is to provide eager Geneva students with an enriching choral experience. Each rehearsal encourages beautiful, age-appropriate singing through the study of a diverse selection of choral music. Singers learn listening and performance skills, vocal technique, and teamwork, while growing in self-confidence. They also develop special friendships and have fun in the process!
Brioso meets from 3:30–4:30 pm on Wednesdays in the upper school music room and is directed by Abby Noble. The choir will be featured in Lessons and Carols (December 20, 2023, 6:30 pm), the Upper School Spring Concert (May 3, 2024, 7 pm), and the Lower School Spring Concert (May 8, 2024, 8:25 am).
Dates and Fees
- Rehearsals: September 6–December 13 (Wednesdays)
- Lessons and Carols: Wednesday, December 20, 6:30 pm
- Rehearsals: January 17–May 8 (Wednesdays)
- Upper School Spring Concert: Friday, May 3, 7 pm
- Lower School Spring Concert: Wednesday, May 8, 8:25 am
- The fees for Brioso ($125 per semester) cover all staffing, materials, performances, and a Brioso polo shirt. While it is not required, we would love students to commit to the full school year. Student’s registering with Brioso for both semesters will receive a $25 discount ($225 for two semesters).
- Please check athletic practice/game schedules. While we love having well-rounded student athletes and musicians, we are counting on each singer for the entire semester.
- If your student is excited about being part of Brioso, but the current fee is not feasible at this time, please email Abby Noble. Do not let cost be a deterrent for music-making! You can send her a message using the form at the bottom of this page.
Have Questions or Comments?
Please submit the following form and someone will be in touch very soon.