FHSAA Online Athletic Clearance Form
This new FHSAA Online Athletic Clearance Form is required for all 6th–12th grade students wishing to participate in athletics at The Geneva School.
Instructions for Completing the FHSAA Online Athletic Clearance Form
- Visit AthleticClearance.com and click on the Florida picture
- Click on “Create an Account” and follow the steps. Or simply sign in, if you have previously created an account. You may watch a tutorial video if help is needed.
- PARENTS register with a valid email username and password.
- Login using the email address you registered with.
- Select “Start Clearance Here” to start the process.
- Choose the School Year in which the student plans to participate. Example: Soccer in fall 2021 would be the 2021-2022 School Year.
- Choose the School—Geneva.
- Choose Sport(s). If you anticipate playing more than one sport, use the “Add New Sport” option. Electronic signatures will be applied to the additional sports/activities.
- Complete all required fields for Student Information, Educational History, Medical History, and Signature Forms. You will be asked for your student’s ID#. For TGS students, this is their FACTS ID#. Homeschool students should use their date of birth, MMDDYYYY (no hyphens). You will also be asked for your student’s GPA. For TGS students. this can be found in FACTS.
- Once you reach the Confirmation Message, you have completed the process.
- All of this data will be electronically filed with your school’s athletic department for review. When the student has been cleared for participation, an email notification will be sent.
FHSAA Online Athletic Clearance FAQs
What is my Username?
Your username is the email address you registered with.
On the first step of the process you have the ability to “Add New Sport.” If you use this option, you fill out the clearance one time and it is applied to all the sports selected. If you complete a clearance and come back at a later date to add a sport, you will “Start New Clearance” and then autofill student and parent information using the dropdown menus on those pages.
The physical form can be downloaded HERE and is also on the Files page of the FHSAA Online Athletic Clearance Form. Page 2 must be completed by a physician. This form MUST be completed and uploaded during completion of the clearance form before a student may participate (including practice) in any middle school, JV, or varsity sport. This form is valid for 365 calendar days from the date of the evaluation as written on page 2.
Why haven’t I been cleared?
The athletic department will review the information you have submitted and Clear, Clear for Practice, or Deny your student for participation. You will receive an email when the student’s status is updated.