College Counseling Events
It is our goal and desire to come alongside parents and students to facilitate the college planning process. Geneva students have a successful track record of receiving acceptances from multiple colleges and universities, with the majority of seniors attending their first choice college.
Students (and parents) are encouraged to prayerfully consider where God might be leading them after they walk across the graduation stage in May and to continue to trust in the Lord’s leading as they go through the college selection process. The process is also about best fit—meaning that there are several factors, in many cases personal ones, that come into play when helping students determine where they might apply and eventually attend.
Geneva graduates are well prepared for college! Academically, spiritually, and socially, a Geneva education—and all that this community of faith and learning encompasses—prepares graduates to excel.
The following list of events throughout the academic year is created to facilitate Geneva’s college planning process.
- Senior Boot Camp: Typically the week before the first day of school. Location: San Pedro Spiritual Development Center in Winter Park.
- College Planning Day for the Junior Class: Takes place roughly one week prior to the start of the school year (August).
- College Representatives on Campus: These visits take place throughout the first semester of the school year.
- Fall College Fair: The National Association of College Admission Counseling (NACAC) hosts a college fair at the Orange County Convention Center typically around October.
- Digital PSAT Test: Administered to all 9th, 10th, and 11th grade students in mid-October.
- Financial Aid Night for Upper School Families: Takes place in early October.
- College Planning for the Junior Class: Weekly to bi-weekly meetings beginning in the late fall and continuing through the spring.
- Spring College Fair: The Central Florida Consortium puts on a college fair at UCF, typically the last Saturday of February each year.
- College & Curriculum Night: Held in the spring for all rising upper school students and parents.
- Advanced Placement Exams: The first two full weeks of May.
- Senior Trip: Leave after the Upper School Academic Awards Ceremony and return on the Wednesday before baccalaureate.
- Baccalaureate: Last Thursday of the school year.
- Commencement Ceremony: Last Friday of the school year.