6th Grade Washington DC Trip
After spending two years studying American history, sixth grade students will journey to the Nation’s Capital. They will experience hands on learning from the bounty of its museums, monuments, governmental and historical buildings, documents, and statuary. Their studies have taken them from the signing of the Declaration of Independence through various wars, presidents, and Supreme Court decisions. Sixth graders will walk their history timeline while taking in the National Mall and exploring buildings the leaders of this country have used to govern and build our nation. We will visit the Smithsonian Museums, Capitol building, and many other national treasures. This trip of a lifetime with classmates will bring to life the history of the government of our great nation.
- Dates: April 20–23, 2021 (tentative)
- Trip Leader: Alicia VanDerhoof
- Cost: TBD
- Chaperones: Chaperones are chosen from the pool of parents who apply via the chaperone application form. There is no guarantee that everyone who applies to chaperone will be chosen to attend the trip.
- Informational Meeting: This meeting will be scheduled for an evening sometime in September/October.
- Mandatory Chaperone Meeting: This meeting will be scheduled for an evening sometime in March.