9th Grade Boys Gilchrist Weekend
Through the generosity of a dear friend of the school, the ninth grade boys spend a weekend in the fall at the Gilchrist Club, a premier hunting, shooting, and recreational facility about thirty minutes west of Gainesville. It is an exclusive, private club situated on 27,000 acres of undisturbed natural woodlands and it features a carefully managed wildlife program suitable for hunting expeditions.
Under the supervision of Gilchrist’s gun safety instructors, the boys have the opportunity to do skeet shooting, sporting clays, and target practice on the pistol and rifle range. Depending on the schedule and interest, fishing is also a possibility.
- Dates: September 28 & 29, 2019
- Trip Leaders: Robert Ingram (headmaster), John Riley (chairman of the TGS board), Dr. Peter Vande Brake (upper school director), and Andrew Nelson (science teacher)
- Meet at school at 8:00 am on Saturday
- Pick up at approximately 6:00 pm on Sunday
Parents, if you need to reach your student during the weekend, you may call one of the following emergency numbers:
- Gilchrist Club: 352-463-7070 (8 am – 4 pm on Saturday, 8 am – 1 pm on Sunday)
- Mr. Ingram’s cell: 407-342-4966
- Mr. Riley’s cell: 407-810-0243
- Mr. Nelson’s cell: 407-637-7943
This trip is an integral part of the curriculum, and we strive for 100% student participation.
Please click HERE to view and download the packing list.
Please click HERE to submit the medical form for this trip
Form will open on September 9, 2019. Please submit by September 20, 2019.